Standardised Price List
All funeral directors are legally required to publish a Price List for a standardised set of products and services. This is to help you think through your options, make choices, and to let you compare prices between different funeral directors (because prices can vary).
Attended Funeral (Funeral Director’s Charges Only) – £1,830
This is a funeral where family and friends have a ceremony, event, or service for the deceased person at the same time as they attend their burial or cremation.
- Taking care of all necessary legal and administrative arrangements – £990
- Collecting and transporting the deceased person from the place of death (normally within 15 miles of the funeral director’s premises) into the funeral director’s care – £90
- Care of the deceased person before the funeral in appropriate facilities. The deceased person will be kept at the funeral director’s premises – £200
- Providing a suitable coffin. This will be made from oak veneered wood – £250
- Viewing of the deceased person for family and friends, by appointment with the funeral director (where viewing is requested by the customer) – £50
- At a date and time you agree with the funeral director, taking the deceased person direct to the agreed cemetery or crematorium (normally within 20 miles of the funeral director’s premises) in a hearse or other appropriate vehicle – £250
This is a funeral where family and friends may choose to have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased person, but they do not attend the burial or cremation itself.
- Burial (Funeral Director’s charges only) – £900
- Cremation (Funeral Director’s charges plus the cremation fee)** – £1,190
Fees You Must Pay
- For an Attended or Unattended burial funeral, the burial fee* – £979
- In this local area, the typical cost of the burial fee for local residents is £979
(For a new grave, you will also need to pay for the plot. For an existing grave with a memorial in place, you may need to pay a removal/replacement fee. In addition, the cemetery may charge a number of other fees.)
- For an Attended cremation funeral, the cremation fee** – £761 – £999
- In this local area, the typical cost of a cremation for local residents is £761
Please discuss any specific religious, belief-based, and/or cultural requirements that you have with the Funeral Director.
Additional Funeral Director Products & Services
The Funeral Director may be able to supply a range of optional, additional products, and services, or to arrange (on your behalf) for a third party to supply them. Examples include:
- Additional mileage (price per mile) – £1.25
- Additional transfers of the deceased person’s body (e.g. to their home, to a place of worship etc.) (Price per transfer) – £100
- Collection and delivery of ashes – Free of charge
- Embalming – £90
- Funeral officiant (e.g. celebrant, minister of religion etc.) – From £200
- Services supplied outside of normal office hours – Prices on request
The Funeral Director can give you a full list of what they can supply, this includes; press notices, floral tributes, order of services, streaming, supplying of music.
* = This fee (which is sometimes called the interment fee) is the charge made for digging and closing a new grave, or for reopening and closing an existing grave.
** = In England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, you will usually need to pay doctors’ fees as well. This is the charge for two doctors to sign the Medical Certificates for Cremation.